Maple Brown Sugar Cookies...


These are so good!! Very brown sugar-y and sweet. My roomie, who isn't fond of raisins, even said these were delish!

I found this recipe on the back of a box of Cascadian Farm Maple Brown Sugar Granola. Veganized it and - voila! Delicious and quite popular cookies. I would definitely make these again, and experiment with a few other ingredients. The recipe calls for pecans, which I didn't have at the time. I would love to try them with pecans, or even almonds or walnuts... yum!





Maple Brown Sugar Cookies

1 cup vegan margarine
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 t vanilla extract
1/2 cup applesauce (equals 2 eggs)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
4 cups Maple Brown Sugar granola
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Labels: