Here's a survey borrowed from Vegan Homemade:


1. Name a song that involves food in some way.

"Olives" by Devin Townsend.

2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?

I have to really be attracted to the pictures, and there have to be a substantial amount of recipes that seem like they could be replicated by meh.

3. What did you eat today?

Bowl of cereal, some Sweet Wasabi Mustard Kettle Chips, and some SoyBoy Garden Herb & Tofu Ravioli. Not the healthiest of days.

4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.

Seitan... !! Can you believe it?

5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?

Vegan Noms, of course. :)

6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?

Wasabi is always a favorite... I really like dried peppers, as well.

7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?

Vegetarian: 21, Vegan: 21. I'm 22 now, so it hasn't been long at all!

8. Favorite vegan cheeze?

Tofutti Cream Cheese.

9. Cutest baby animal?

I'm gonna have to go ahead and say my baby girl, Dorian. She's my miniature dachshund.

10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?

Hmm... I'm old fashioned. I like grape and blackberry.

11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?

I bought a vegan multivitamin a few days ago and have yet to open it... I should get on top of that.

12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?

Anything with pumpkin, butternut squash, or sweet potato!

13. What food would you have a hard time living without?

Onions, garlic... hummus!

14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Tea, whenever I do drink anything that's not water.

15. It’s 10PM and you’re starving. What do you eat?

Hummus & flatbread.

16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?

Leaves. Dirty socks. Ice cubes (does that count?).

17. Worst injury you’ve gotten in the kitchen?

I burnt a little circle on the top of my right hand, ring finger knuckle when pulling something out of the oven.

18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?

I check the internet!

19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?

Sweet corn...

20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?

I have dried cherries & banana chips in my bookbag at all times.

21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?

Chili. I just got a hot pepper from a co-worker's garden and plan on adding that when I make some!

22. What’s your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?

I've never had fresh vegetable juice!

23. Favorite brand of root beer?

IBC or Stewart's were the best when I was growing up. Mmm... I'm salivating just thinking about a tall, ice cold glass of root beer!

24. Make up your own question!

What recipe are you planning on trying out soon: Vegan YumYum's White Bean Pesto Asparagus Tart, that spicy sweet potato cake in the latest VegNews... a vegan pumpkin roll recipe on Vegweb.com... a bunch of things!