Vegan Meatballs?!?!


Oh, yes. It's true. *gizasp!!* And let me tell ya - they are so magnificent! I used the recipe from Josh and Chelsea: Meatballs Italiano from their blog No Whey, José! Instead of a sub roll (which sadly, I do not has) I used Rudy's Organic Colorado Cracked Wheat bread (my favorite bread in all the land), smothered them mamajamas with loads of marinara and a sprinkle of nooch - and I was in heaven. And even better news? I have plenty of leftover meatballs for another sammich tomorrow and days to come. :D I did have a little bit of difficulty getting the little buggers to stick together while rolling them, but it wasn't anything that a little extra vegetable broth and some more nooch couldn't fix! If you are still reading this... shame on you! Go make these meatballs NOW and consume them post haste!

For those of you who are *still* reading, it's okay. I trust you will make them soon. *shakes fist* Now I shall post some pics from the other night when my lovely lady made us a big, yummy salad. Let's see: spinach, corn, mushrooms, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, couscous and a delightful yet simple dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and some salt. It was so light and so tasty!



And here's her little kitty cat watching us prepare from his post atop the fridge:



Well, that's all I have for now, folks. Sorry for such a short post, but I just got back from seeing Changeling with my mama (a very compelling and heartbreaking movie, BTW... ) But luckily, my passion for cooking has been renewed and my supplies of fresh produce and other ingredients has been replenished. There shall be more to come!