Survey. And lament about my brussel sprout distaste.

1 . If you have to choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
Whichever is cheaper. But I definitely look for either of these options when buying produce.

2. Favourite way to prepare potatoes:
Mashed w/ garlic and EB!

3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
Not usually. I mostly use tofu for scrambles.

4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
I used to love my mom's spinach dip. Once I get a food processor (a vegan w/o a food processor?!) I'm going to try to veganize it.

5. Any food allergies?
No allergies whatsoever. *knocks on wood*

6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
VegiTerranean or Pad Thai or a sushi place. Nom!

7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
I don't really have cold-induced cravings. I usually don't want to eat.

8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)

Right out of the tap.

9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see:
I don't drink pop, so it doesn't matter to me.

10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
Meat & Potatoes.

11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?
Legally: FUCKING HEMP. Geographically: Clementines.

12. Favorite type of mushroom?
Regular little button mushrooms.

13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
The non-inclusion of a food processor. But, that's my fault... so I'd say the lack of counter space.

14. Last food you burned?
I mildly burned my sweet potato fries last night.

15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?":
"There are plenty of protein-rich plant foods out there. Meat and dairy don't have a monopoly on the protein market. You know, the Standard American Diet includes two or three as much protein than an average human needs. Our bodies only need about 15-20% of our calories to come from protein, but the American diet usually has up to 40% protein. And to process all that extra protein in your system, calcium is actually leeched from your bones - so when the milk ads tell you to drink more milk to get calcium, it's actually quite counterproductive."

16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
Mint chocolate!

17. Favourite brand of chocolate chips?
I don't remember the name... but they're free of basically every food allergen imaginable. And quite delicious.

18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma - What do you buy?
Judging by Tropical Vegan's response to this, I'm going to assume this is a kitchen appliance store. In that case I'd buy a FOOD PROCESSOR!

19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
Not usually. I really could use some tips in that department!

20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat?
PB&J or a Lara Bar.

21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win and how?
Ugh. Probably Paula Deen. She's effin' creepy.

22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
If I eat oatmeal, it's instant & made with maple syrup and brown sugar.

23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)?
Good question. Somewhere in SE Asia perhaps.

24. Favourite late night snack?
Bowl of cereal or something simple.

25. Favourite springtime food?
ASPARAGUS. I'm also waiting for sweet corn to become super-cheap...

26. Favorite food-related magazine?
VegNews, of course.

27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos?
I don't really use soy sauce in my cooking.

28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
Brussel sprouts. And there's genetic science behind that, which is fascinating. I'm definitely a "super-taster" as the article would say. Don't really like coffee, grapefruit, or cabbage, ew. I do like broccoli & cauliflower, however. I really wish I did like brussel sprouts, though - I salivate at delicious photos of them! :(

29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
Pumpkin related foods.

30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
The whole Obama family. I don't think any other family is so influential in America right now. :)