I am no longer a Whole Foods virgin.8:58 PM
First of all: Holy crap, it's June. How did that happen?? Second of all: I finally got my ass to a Whole Foods! There are 2 in the Cleveland area and, whoa, what a drive that was. On a hot day, no less. But it was totally worth it. I was in complete hippie heaven. And... I was in the store for over an hour. Wandering up and down every single aisle. It was so awesome! And most of what I saw (excluding cosmetics, etc.) was moderately priced! I'm such a foodie. I think maybe once every month or two will be how often I can make it up there. Here is my haul:
6 jalepeno peppers
3 T vegan cream cheese
3 T soyrizo
1/2 c soy milk
1/2 c flour
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t garlic powder
2/3 c fine cornmeal
- Using plastic gloves, slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. I left a little bit of stem on each half to make dredging easier.
- Mix together cream cheese and soyrizo. Spoon into each pepper half evenly. I refridgerated these while I was at work to firm the mixture up a bit, but that step is your call.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Set up 3 bowls w/ the soy milk, flour mixed with spices, and cornmeal in each. Dip pepper in soy milk, dredge in flour mixture, dip back into soy milk, and dredge in cornmeal. Repeat on all remaining peppers.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately w/ or w/o vegan sour cream for dipping.