I am no longer a Whole Foods virgin.

First of all: Holy crap, it's June. How did that happen?? Second of all: I finally got my ass to a Whole Foods! There are 2 in the Cleveland area and, whoa, what a drive that was. On a hot day, no less. But it was totally worth it. I was in complete hippie heaven. And... I was in the store for over an hour. Wandering up and down every single aisle. It was so awesome! And most of what I saw (excluding cosmetics, etc.) was moderately priced! I'm such a foodie. I think maybe once every month or two will be how often I can make it up there. Here is my haul:



Some noteworthy items: Mighty Maple Peanut Butter, Soyrizo (love this stuff!), Vegan Black Pepper Beef medallions (I reserved some of the leftover sauce from these and used it over rice & tofu - so yummy!), Good Belly (my 1st probiotic experience), and my first little basil plant. :) In the bag is blueberry cream granola. I'm going to make a dessert out of this stuff, methinks.


When I 1st stepped in the store, I darted straight for the deli. I was hungry, sure, but I had heard wonderful things about the vegan prepared foods they offer. And, sure enough, I found vegan sweet and sour chicken! They also had vegan beef & broccoli, but my decision was made! It was made out of wheat gluten and quite tasty. I also particularly loved that when I sat down to munch, I noticed they have separate containers for recyclables and compost for your trash! I almost squealed when I saw that set-up.


Mmm. Jalepeno Poppers. I've never tried the non-vegan kind, so I couldn't lose with these. I made them for a Mexican themed Fajita Dinner my bestie Liv & her fiance, Justin, hosted. The whole dinner was so lovely! I wish I had taken a picture of the spread, but I was far too ravenous. Nevertheless, here is the recipe:

Jalepeno Poppers

6 jalepeno peppers
3 T vegan cream cheese
3 T soyrizo
1/2 c soy milk
1/2 c flour
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t garlic powder
2/3 c fine cornmeal



And lastly, to cool your mouth down after all that spicy-ness, here are Living Harvest's new Hemp Milk Tempt Ice Creams! I searched for these at Whole Foods, but I must have began my quest too early. But, to my complete surprise, I found them at Krieger's! (GAHD, I love that place...) I dug in this afternoon and, I must say, they are quite tasty. The Chocolate Fudge flavor is very rich, but nothing that special. The Mint Chip, however, really hits the spot! I'm so excited to have a frozen dessert option that isn't soy or super-fatty coconut milk. Yum!

Labels: ,