Updates!

It's been a while, huh? Well, I've got a bunch to update. Mostly recipes of deliciousness that I've tried out. Let's begin!



This is is... banana soft serve! Gena from Choosing Raw posted this "recipe" on her blog last month, and it couldn't be simpler. All you do is freeze a banana or two and then toss them into your food processor for a few minutes. Voila! Raw soft serve. Next time I make this I'm going to make a chocolate sauce for drizzling...!


Another milkshake! From Mustard Seed Market Cafe, again. Hazelnut Chocolate w/ Tofutti ice cream and soy milk. It made me feel like a kid again.


And their Mid East Feast platter is pretty good, too! The hummus really impressed me, coming from a restaurant that doesn't specialize in that cuisine.


*blink blink* Your eyes do not deceive you... Those are Vegan Crunk's Tofu Deviled "Eggy" Bites. She (brilliantly) used black salt as the main spice. This. Shit. Is. Amazing. When I first bought it, I dipped my fingertip and tasted just the slightest bit and was hit like a frigging brick wall with the taste of cook-outs past. Deviled eggs were the one nonvegan food item (besides cheese) that I lamented never getting to taste again. Well, my tastebuds rejoiced after whipping up this recipe! I know the picture is terrible... but people were digging in before I could get a good shot and it was taken at night, so... you'll just have to make a batch yourself and take your own damn picture!


Livia chowing down.


Speaking of Miss Liv: she made an ice cream cake for our friend's birthday party - and it was BOMB! She used her new ice cream maker and used coconut milk as the base for each the chocolate and vanilla layers. Mmm... then there are crushed Oreos mixed in - NOM! This makes too much ice cream for one post...


Holy mole! These are the Veganomicon's Potato and Kale Enchiladas. And they were fanfucktastic. They didn't plate well or look presentable at ALL, but damn were they good. I'll definitely be making these babies again. On the side is a beautious layer dip that Liv made. What really gave it a kick is her homemade smokey tempeh crumbles!


Boy, did I have a lot of enchilada sauce leftover. So I sauteed up some peppers and spinach and threw all of it over whole wheat pasta! Yum.


When I was a kid, one of my favorite snacks was a slice of bologna w/ a smear of each Miracle Whip and mustard. So, naturally, I was drawn in by Lightlife's Deli Bologna Slices when passing them in the store. I took a chance and - holy crap! They taste just like I remember. Delicious. And... w-what's that next to my sammich? A Vegan Milano cookie, of course! Made from the recipe at the PPK, these are my new favorite cookie recipe. I used a few drops of mint extract in my melted chocolate the first time around and a few drops of maple extract the next - both were divine! Make these now.


Vegan General Tso's Chicken from Whole Foods over brown rice! I liked the Vegan Sweet & Sour Chicken better...


Ohhh, yes. While at Whole Foods I happened upon bunches of lacinato kale and Vegan YumYum's recipe for her BLT Salad immediately popped into my head. This was an absolutely marvelous salad... except for the greens. Mind you, I am not the biggest fan of ordinary kale b/c of its bitterness. Lacinato kale isn't bitter, but even after I had let it "marinade" in the dressing for a half hour, it still had a tough texture. Next time I make this salad, it's going to be spinach or cabbage, all the way!


Mmm... Orange Tofu w/ vegetables from local favorite Pad Thai! I finished this whole thing in one serving. And... I'm drooling.


Ha, my most recent creation: lopsided stuffed bell peppers! I had five (FIVE) peppers in my fridge b/c my dad likes to buy me veggies, and what is a girl to DO with that many? Stuffed peppers, of course. I tossed my topless (wee!) peppers into the oven @ 400 degrees and then started my rice mixture: 2 different kinds of brown rice went into my rice cooker and about halfway into its cooking time I threw in a cup or two of Boca crumbles, chopped onions, chopped banana pepper, spinach, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and let it simmer. After topping these bad boys with a *generous* helping of ketchup, I dug in. And the verdict? NOM.

Labels: , ,