Creamy Miso Alfredo

Yep, 2 posts in a row! Don't get used to it... and don't forget to check out my Key West post below! I figured I would take advantage of the free coffeehouse internet and post some pics from some recent meals... and a recipe! *shock* Here is my take on a creamy pasta sauce, based very loosely on VYY's Hurry Up Alfredo, but with only 5 ingredients! I attempted to submit it to a local vegan cookbook, but missed the deadline...



Creamy Miso Alfredo

Serves 1. This recipe is an adaptation from one found on a vegan food blog. Both the miso and the nutritional yeast give the dish a cheesy taste while the cashews lend their creaminess when blended smooth. This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled! And please, experiment with adding steamed vegetables and different spices, as well as the ratio between wet and dry ingredients to control the consistency of the sauce. Enjoy!

1 serving cooked whole wheat rotini
handful steamed kale
1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
1/2 cup unsweetened milk alternative
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 T low sodium sweet white miso
1 t dijon mustard
salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and paprika to taste

Blend all but first two ingredients in high speed blender until smooth and creamy. Fold cooked pasta into sauce. Plate steamed kale first and top with pasta. Add plenty more fresh cracked black pepper and devour!


Isa's Chesapeake Tempeh Cakes from Vegan Brunch! This is my second time making these babies and they do not disappoint. Since I do not eat much fried food they were a bit heavy after frying them in oil - I'll probably try my hand at baking them next time, even though they will not acquire that beautiful golden brown! (Last time I checked, you can find this recipe on the PPK blog!)


Nom! Chickpea salad! This stuff is bomb... and here's how I prepare it:


So happy to find some non-Tofutti vegan ice creams at my local Acme! The Mint Carob Chip Rice Dream was very refreshing and the Praline Crunch Almond Dream was rich and satisfying. I would definitely grab both of these again if I am lucky enough to find them.


Yum - a simple soba noodle lo mein dish. Fabulous served hot or cold and with bunches of veggies sauteed in sesame oil. To dress the noodles I usually mix up a concoction of plum sauce, hoisin, ginger paste, and red chili pepper flakes.


An impromptu appetizer - baby bellas stuffed with leftover hummus, sauteed onions and spinach, Daiya, and spices. Popped in the oven on broil with some extra Italian style Daiya on top until melted and warmed through. I was very pleased with these!


French toast! My first plate of the breakfast fave since going vegan... I believe I just looked up a quick vegan french toast recipe on Google and went with it. Nothing beats a huge plate of carbs drowning in pure maple syrup as comfort food before you start a long work day.

I'll hopefully see you soon, folks!
:D

Labels: ,