VeganMoFo: Thanksgivingz!!1!

10:47 AM

What a fantastic Thanksgiving. I hosted a lovely vegan meal for the third year in a row, and lemme tell ya: it gets better each year! Here's a pic of my wonderful family, we have me, brother, mother, father, and step-dad who's taking the pic:

My finalized Thanksgiving 2010 menu:

Olive Antipasti
Hot Artichoke Dip
Butternut Squash Bisque
Mixed Greens with Dried Cranberries, Pecans, and a Maple-Dijon-Balsamic Vinaigrette
Crescent Rolls
Lentil Loaf with Homemade Vegan Gravy
Portobello Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Rutabaga (special request from my step-dad)
Mom's Homemade Stuffing (so thankful for her help!)
Maple-Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Brown Sugar Syrup

The best soup in all of womankind.

Second course.

Lookit that plate! Mmm... I'm gonna go get me a plate of leftovers eerily similar to this one pretty soon...

A gorgeous pic of the cheesecake taken by my photographer-roomie. After pouring the mix into the pie crust I sampled the leftover mixture and noticed that it wasn't very sweet at all... and then realized the recipe didn't call for any sugar. Too late to mix any in, so I decided to top it with a simple brown sugar syrup and it made all the difference.

My wonderful family told me they loved the meal, dessert, and company - I was on cloud nine. I hope everyone had as lovely a holiday as I had. :)

You Might Also Like


  1. I love that your family shared this day and your vegan meal with you. And that they were so complimentary. Perfect kind of day. Your menu looks scrumptious!


Like us on Facebook