VeganMoFo: Thanksgivingz!!1!


What a fantastic Thanksgiving. I hosted a lovely vegan meal for the third year in a row, and lemme tell ya: it gets better each year! Here's a pic of my wonderful family, we have me, brother, mother, father, and step-dad who's taking the pic:



My finalized Thanksgiving 2010 menu:

Olive Antipasti
Hot Artichoke Dip
Butternut Squash Bisque
Mixed Greens with Dried Cranberries, Pecans, and a Maple-Dijon-Balsamic Vinaigrette
Crescent Rolls
Lentil Loaf with Homemade Vegan Gravy
Portobello Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Rutabaga (special request from my step-dad)
Mom's Homemade Stuffing (so thankful for her help!)
Maple-Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Brown Sugar Syrup



The best soup in all of womankind.


Second course.


Lookit that plate! Mmm... I'm gonna go get me a plate of leftovers eerily similar to this one pretty soon...


A gorgeous pic of the cheesecake taken by my photographer-roomie. After pouring the mix into the pie crust I sampled the leftover mixture and noticed that it wasn't very sweet at all... and then realized the recipe didn't call for any sugar. Too late to mix any in, so I decided to top it with a simple brown sugar syrup and it made all the difference.

My wonderful family told me they loved the meal, dessert, and company - I was on cloud nine. I hope everyone had as lovely a holiday as I had. :)

Labels: , ,