What I do on Sundays

Well, good evening, bloggers. We're almost a third of the way through December and I haven't posted since Thanksgiving. Hey - I got much farther through this year's MoFo than last year's! What you have to look forward to this month: a vegan potluck, a non-vegan work potluck, review/recipe making from Becoming Raw, and holiday eats & treats. Yay!

In the meantime, let's talk about Sundays. I love Sundays. I get to sleep in, wear a hoodie and sweats all day, leisurely do dishes or perform other housework chores just so I can look around at the end of the day and go "fuck yeah", and... I cook! It's about the only day of the week that my kitchen sees over 15 minutes of me. I like preparing a big dish to serve as lunch for the work week, plus a little something here and there should I feel motivated enough. Shall we begin?




Lindsay's Super Easy Enchiladas! I had high hopes for this dish, alas... I discovered I had pitched my measly bag of quinoa during my move. Luckily, I had leftover lentils and subbed those out. If I were to make these again I would: double the sauce and use some of it in the filling. There really wasn't enough at all and my reheated lunches were very dry and some bites were decidedly unpalatable. I would also add a cheeze sauce in the filling instead of Daiya shreds... they didn't melt on the inside - they hardened. Ick. But I smothered each serving in Sour Supreme and all was well. Oh, and I used brown rice tortillas... um, wtf. They broke apart when I folded them. Uncool. Although they did lend a nice nutty flavor. A dish with definite potential.


Mmm. TLT, spicy-noochy kale chips, and cupcaaaaaaaaaaaaakes!!

I made these babies for my dude's birthday. Pumpkin cupcakes with vanilla-cinnamon "buttercream" frosting. Fan-freakin'-tastic! Trust.