Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vegan MoFo V: A Sexy Party w/ Even Sexier Appetizers...


Good day to all! My apologies for missing the first day of MoFo... My post will inform that slip-up, I promise. To be honest, bloggers: I've had a shitty day. Being in grad school sucks the big one and my motivation is draining, quickly. I know that I will not be able to blog every day, and most likely will not hit my goal of 5x/wk either, but bear with me. I do have some awesome stuff to blog about, so let's get to it!

Friday night I hosted a Pure Romance party! My bestie, Liv, is a consultant and is really taking off. I had a small group of my lady-friends over and we had an absolute blast. Here's what I made for munchies:


Black Bean Hummus
1 can of black beans, some liquid reserved
1 massive spoonful of tahini
1/2 jalepeno, diced
garlic powder, paprika to taste
Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until perfect consistency is reached (add bean liquid a little at a time)


Raspberry Agave Mustard Dip
1/2 cup of raspberries (thaw if frozen, and drain most of the liquid)
3/4 cup of dijon mustard
2-3 T of agave nectar
Blend in a food processor until just right (taste test required!)


Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
1/2 c dark chocolate peanut butter (or plain PB w/ melted chocolate chips)
3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
Heat up peanut butter with a few splashes of the almond milk. Stir rapidly and continue folding in more almond milk until a thick, yet creamy, consistency is reached.


Add about 5 bottles of vino to this picture and you have a full picture of our night!

In other news: I discovered some unsettling news today, which put me into an even pissier mood than my homework did. Remember the all-vegan restaurant, VegiTerranean, which I wrote about in my last blog post, and countless more? Well, they closed their doors today without warning. That's it, gone, finished. Chrissie Hynde, the owner, released a statement which implicated the economy as the reason they closed, but I have my doubts. And I'll leave it at that. Such a shame to see a restaurant go under which served such amazing food. And now Akron is again a vegan wasteland.

Would someone like to be my pro bono vegan personal chef? Just until these classes are over in a few weeks... I'm now accepting applications! :D

3 comments:

Becky said...

Raspberry agave mustard dip! That's sounds amazing, can't wait to try it! ^_^

vegan.in.brighton said...

All of your food looks awesome! It's a shame about VegiTerranean, it's been on my must visit list for ages but it must be more annoying for you if it's the only vegan place in the area.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

The food looks delicious! I used to be a consultant for Pure Romance. I was horrible at it, though. I just have no enthusiasm for selling things.

Sorry to hear about the restaurant. Hope your days get better.