IMPORTANT: I only advocate creating this dish if you live 50+ miles from PDX. Otherwise, get your asses over to the Bye and Bye pronto, bitches!
Spicy PDX Bowl of Goodness
1 package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cut up into small cubes
1/4 cup soy sauce or Bragg's aminos
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tbsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
3 cups steamed broccoli
3 tbsp unsalted peanut butter
2-3 tbsp Vegenaise
1 tbsp sriracha (or to taste!)
1/4 c nooch (nutritional yeast)
1. Mix the soy sauce, liquid smoke, chili flakes, and maple syrup together. Pour into baking dish and coat tofu cubes. Let marinade for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Bake the cubes in a 400 degree preheated oven (either in the dish or on a baking sheet) in 10-15 minute increments, turning and checking for a nice baked, chewy consistency.
3. Meanwhile, cook the brown rice and steam the broccoli.
4. Microwave the peanut butter for a few seconds to soften it (if necessary) and add the Vegenaise and sriracha. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Coat the baked tofu cubes in the nutritional yeast.
6. Combine the brown rice, broccoli, yeasted tofu cubes in a bowl and top with the sauce! (Makes about 3 servings).
Oh, and toasted sesame seeds don't hurt! Om nom nom.