Creamy Spinach Chorizo Pasta

Is there anything more comforting than a bowl of creamy pasta goodness? I don't think so. This week, armed with a package of soy chorizo, I thought of throwing together something spicy and satisfying. My first thought was stuffed peppers, but that's a lot of work for my lazy ass. What's easier than pasta?

I had some fresh, local jalepenos on hand to throw into the mix as well, which added needed crunch and spice to this already complex dish. I'd suggest experimenting with different ingredients!


Creamy Spinach Chorizo Pasta

1 box whole wheat rotini pasta
1 pkg soy chorizo (I used Helen's Kitchen, yum)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 jalepenos, diced (optional)
3-4 c fresh spinach, torn into chunks
1 batch quick cashew cream (see recipe)

Quick Cashew Cream (approx. measurements)
1 c raw cashews
4-5 T lemon juice
1/2 c water

This was a really delicious meal. It's not terribly spicy, but you could definitely play with the heat. Also, add all of the veggies your heart desires! <3 div="div">

Labels: