Vegan MoFo: Pizza Kale Chips Recipe



In the mood for a crunchy, salty, savory, sinful-feeling snack? You and I are going to be great friends. Being a huge lover of comfort foods like pizza I jumped on the chance to try local brand Good'n'Raw kale chips. Based in Lakewood, OH, this company describes its mission to be "To increase the potential of humanity naturally, with nutritious, living foods".

They have 5 different types of kale chips that I've seen: Pizza, Chizee, Sesame, BBQ, and Ranch. Each container runs btwn. $8.50 and $10, so they're a rare treat. I took home the Pizza and Chizee flavors and was BLOWN AWAY. Each was so fantastic and complex and tasted sooooo naughty. But, with kale as the base and whole, nutrient-packed ingredients as they flavoring these morsels are a healthy treat.

Wanting to replicate the taste of the Pizza kale chips I created a recipe of my own, which I would like to share. Behold!





Pizza Kale Chips


1 bunch kale, rinsed & torn into chunks
1 container grape or cherry tomatoes
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
spices to taste: garlic powder, basil, thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper.



You will not regret making these and I wouldn't be surprised if they disappeared in a day! So tasty. What's your favorite way to prepare kale?

Labels: , ,