Vegan MoFo 2013: Intro and a PB&J Smoothie!9:57 PM
Welcome to another fabulous year of MoFo, my fellow bloggers and blog enthusiasts! Very much looking forward to another month of vegan photos, recipes, innovative ideas, laughs, and discovery of new blogger buddies. My plan is to post every day, which is ambitious, yet I hope my motivation can be maintained throughout the month. The best part of Mofo, after all, is reading and drooling over others’ photos and recipes, and so it will be tempting to not spend all of my blogger time doing that.
This year I decided to follow a theme (imagine that!), specifically based on the daily themes voted upon during the Vegan MoFo panel at Vida Vegan Con 2013:
- Mac & Cheese Mondays - a different, delicious mac recipe every Monday.
- TV Tuesdays - recipes inspired by my favorite TV shows.
- Work It Wednesdays - spotlight on foods I traditionally have disliked or with which I have not experimented much.
- Thankful Thursdays - posts dedicated to expressing gratitude for the important people in my life, including recipes and goodies.
- Freaky Fridays - guest posts from some of my favorite blogger buddies each week!
- Sentimental Saturdays - reflections on my early experiences in veganism, tips for budding or even seasoned vegans, and encouragement for being the best token vegan you can be.
- Sleepy Sundays - featuring quick and easy breakfast foods perfect for following a late morning snooze.
To start us off on this sleepy, holiday weekend Sunday, let me share with you a recipe for my favorite smoothie ever. For serious, I make this almost every other day. One of the best things about smoothies is that, with a little less liquid, you can make yourself a bowl of creamy soft serve. This is how I have been enjoying this Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie lately.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie
1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
3/4 c frozen strawberries (about 5-6 berries)
3-4 frozen cherries
1.5 Tbs of peanut butter or peanut butter powder (I enjoy Just The Good Stuff)
1/2 scoop Sun Warrior Raw Protein Powder, Vanilla flavor (optional)
3/4 c - 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk (depending on the consistency you want)