Vegan MoFo: Almond Butter No-Bake Cookies



It's Thankful Thursday, folks. Lately, I have had a lot of reasons to show gratitude. My life happens to be filled with supportive friends, family, and colleagues - what else matters when you have that? This August, I graduated from my Master’s program in Mental Health Counseling and, during this long, three-year ride, my co-workers have had my back, put up with my stressed out bitching, and provided unwavering compassion and laughs.

As a small token of my appreciation, I whipped up some no-bake cookies with some basic, yummy ingredients. I chose no-bakes because my kitchen no longer has any wheat flour and I have not dabbled in gluten-free baking much... also, I have a comrade at work who stays away from most allergens and wanted to make sure she could partake.

Check these out! They would be great rolled into truffles, as well.




Almond, Peanut, and Coconut No-Bake Cookies

3/4 c oats, blended in food processor until it is a coarse flour
1/4 c oats, whole
1 c almond butter
3/4 c peanuts, blended in food processor until coarse
1/4 c shredded coconut
2 Tbs maple syrup
3 Tbs coconut oil, melted

Mix ingredients together until nice and sticky. Form into small cookies and refrigerate for about an hour before serving (this step is key so that the coconut oil can firm up the cookies).

How do you use food to show thanks to the ones you love?

Labels: ,