VeganMoFo: Thanksgiving is ON!6:43 PM
My exciting news of the day? My mom and stepdad are staying in town this Thanksgiving and have accepted my offer to host Thanksgiving this year! They usually visit my stepdad's side of the family in Missouri, so for the last two years I have hosted Thanksgiving for my dad, his girlfriend, and my brother. The bf has also RSVP'ed to stop by. I'm so excited to have a full house! :D I don't think I've cooked for a crowd this large before... bring it!
Now I am going to bore you with my tentative menu:
- Lentil Loaf (from last year)
- Stuffing (my mom volunteered to take on this task!)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Butternut or Delicata Squash Bisque from VeganYumYum
- Maple Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Green Bean Casserole from the PPK! (my omni father was a big fan!)
- Sweet Potato Smash
- Salad with dried cranberries and pecans
- Olive appetizer or some kind of dip with crudite... we'll see!
And for dessert?
I tested Happy Health Life's Swirled Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie this weekend, although I had to make some adaptations. No creamer, so added a little more almond milk. Also, no nuts whatsoever, so just added a little extra cornstarch. I would either add more cornstarch or go buy the nuts because it was reminiscent of a pudding pie rather then cheesecake... but SO GOOD. Holy mother. Make this now. In fact, I think I may have another slice. Ha!
Are you thinking about Thanksgiving yet?? Please share recipes - I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is planning!