Countdown: 11 Days until VidaVeganCon!!

Hello, all! Can you believe that VidaVeganCon is in less than 2 weeks?! For those of you going: I cannot WAIT to meet you! For those of you staying home: Do not fret! We will all post so many pictures of the event that it will feel as if you were right alongside us. :)

I have been checking the Facebook page constantly and jumping on every opportunity to sign up for the Vegucated screening, ordering the t-shirt, and signing up for Isa's Writer's Block workshop extra early! I can't believe it's right around the corner... XD

In the meantime, I have been whipping up some new and old dishes, as well as discovering some new and delicious products, restaurants, and cookbooks. Let's recap!


My old roommate had an abundance of basil growing in his garden and so I created this creamy basil alfredo sauce to top Earthfare's homemade vegan artichoke ravioli. I believe I used cashews, almond milk, basil, spinach, salt & garlic powder. Very fresh and tasty.


To satiate my sweet tooth: WholeSoy Vanilla Yogurt with maple-pecan granola and frozen raspberries. Oh, yeah.


These tasty cutlets are Sophie's Kitchen's Breaded Vegan Fish Fillets. Topped with a homemade tartar sauce (Vegenaise, sweet relish, lemon juice, and garlic powder), these bad boys really came out well. The texture was authentic of the fish patties that you might find at a fast food restaurant. Not bad! I'm looking forward to running into some vegan prawns at the grocery store next!


On the way to see A Perfect Circle (who were FUCKING AMAZING, btw!) my bestie Liv and I stopped at Flaming Ice Cube in Boardman. I have visited their Cleveland branch, but was happy to be able to stop by the original location. Here is Liv's "pizza burger" - a homemade patty topped with Daiya mozzarella and marinara. Plus, some of their yummy macaroni salad on the side.


I ordered a chocolate mint soy iced latte to accompany my Mediterranean Panini. This wonderful sammy consisted of a creamy artichoke spread (I'm guessing with a cream cheese base), roasted red peppers, spinach, kalamata olives, tomato and onion, pressed to perfection. Definitely recommended!


Recently I purchased The Best Veggie Burgers On The Planet, LONG-awaited (we're talking years, folks!) and decided to start with some meatloaf burgers. With both TVP and wheat gluten, these protein powerhouses were quite tasty. Plus, after using my handy patty-maker, I turned out some massive burgers... This meal was rounded out with some steamed broccoli and peas as well as fresh farmer's market cherry tomatoes. Review? I just asked my bf what he thought of these burgers, made earlier this week, and he said "Fucking good, and if you keep talking about them I'm going to go eat one right now." :P


I also whipped up some "Denver omelet burgers" from the book. These are mighty fine! With a tofu and chickpea flour base, these are awesome post-workout breakfasts, especially topped with ketchup. Easy to heat up at 6:30 am after some strenuous exercise.


Mmm... a batch of my Creamy Miso Alfredo. I used some farmer's market chard and cherry tomatoes for this recipe. Nothing beats it if you want a hearty, creamy, carby meal to fill you up!

See you all soon! Bring on VIDAVEGANCON!!

Labels: ,